Featured image from starwars.com
Welcome to the Cloud City Rollers local Destiny news roundup! We’ll continue to update this page as more event details come in throughout the week!
Quick LGS News, gossip, and SALES
- May the 4th, also known as Star Wars Day, takes place Saturday! (This means sales all over!)
- Puyallup’s Geek Craft Market will feature handmade Star Wars goods from local vendors on Saturday, May 4th!
- Tacoma store Tacoma Games will have free X-Wing and Destiny demos, a Destiny tournament starting at 12 p.m., and X-Wing Furball Free Play at 3 p.m. Plus, on Saturday only, all Star Wars products will be 20% off!
- Seattle (Queen Anne Neighborhood) store Blue Highway Games will also have all Star Wars products 20% off on Saturday, and X-Wing 2.0 Conversion Kits, Dial Upgrades, and Guardians of the Republic expansion are all 50% off for the entire month of May! (While supplies last)
- Bellevue / Redmond store Uncle’s Games will also have all Star Wars products 20% off for May the Fourth (Saturday) and Revenge of the Fifth (Sunday!)
- Seattle / Bellevue store Mox Boarding House will be demoing Star Wars: Destiny, X-Wing, Imperial Assault, and more! Show them your best Star Wars cosplay and get 10% off all Star Wars products on Saturday, May 4th!
- Everett store Geeky Villain is also offering 10% off all Star Wars products for both Friday and Saturday!
- Lacey store Gabi’s Olympic Cards and Comics is skipping their league this week due to product shortage. The progressive league will continue next week on Monday, May 6. For Free Comic Book Day / Star Wars Day, they’ll be having a huge weekend sale where everything in stock is 10%-90% off! Details here.
- Bothell store Zulu’s Board Game Cafe‘s front expansion is now available for open play!
- Bellevue store Uncle’s Games – Crossroads seeks local Destiny player to help run weekly events.
- Lynnwood store MeltingTop Games has confirmed they will be moving at the end of May. They are changing from a retail shop to a membership-style gaming club. All current inventory is now 10% off to help facilitate the move.
- MeltingTop has changed this week’s event (May 4) from draft to Standard.
- Keep an eye out for other May the 4th sales and celebrations!
Upcoming events this week
Monday, April 29
Optimism Brewing Company – 1158 Broadway, Seattle, WA 98122 – 5 p.m.
We have a steady group of players in Capitol Hill! We’re excited to get more folks into our little crew, so come play! Optimism has lots of space and beer, plus you can bring food in. Pretty ideal!
Tuesday, April 30
Math ‘n’ Stuff Events – Activity Annex – 9212 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115 – 7 p.m.
Come try out the new Allies of Necessity draft kit this Tuesday!
Given that Convergence also just released, we will be using that set for draft/sealed, with the potential of adding other recent sets at players’ request. Mikaela will be TO-ing the event. Hope to see you there!
Allies of Necessity features twenty new cards that can be used to supplement your pool of cards and provide a base for your draft or sealed event, while also providing new options in constructed deck building!
Like Rivals before it, players just need a copy of Allies of Necessity and six Star Wars: Destiny booster packs to participate in their very own draft or sealed event! What’s more, the cards in your Allies of Necessity Draft Set are completely reusable—no matter how many drafts you play, you’ll only ever need to buy a single copy of Allies of Necessity to enable your draft games of Star Wars: Destiny!
Wednesday, May 1
Pair O’ Dice Games – Suite 113, 4152 Meridian St, Bellingham, WA 98226 – 6:30 p.m.
Our regular weekly Destiny Night has been changed to Wednesday nights to help accommodate more players! It starts at 6:30 p.m. at Pair o’ Dice Games. We’ll keep it going on Wednesday nights into the foreseeable future.
Javasti Maple Leaf – 8410 5th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98115 – 7 p.m.
Omnigamers Dilemma Wednesday! Open CCG/LCG gaming starts at 7 p.m. at Cafe Javasti 8410 5th NE. Destiny, Netrunner, Warhammer Age of Sigmar Champions, Transformers TCG, and Keyforge are what I’ll have on hand, and there is usually a selection of mid-weight euro games as well.
The cafe is closed. Outside food and drink welcome.
Thursday, May 2
The Century Cafe – 1600 7th Ave, Seattle, WA 98101, 2nd Floor – 11:30 a.m.
The Century Cafe is located in the Nordstrom corporate building, but open to all. You can find players having lunch and rolling some dice there!
Zulu’s Board Game Cafe – 10234 Main St, Bothell, WA 98011 – 7 p.m.
(Possible Standard tournament pending)
Come hang out at Zulu’s Board Game Cafe with the Cloud City Rollers! Early birds usually show up around 5:30 p.m., but the larger group tends to gather around 7 p.m. Zulu’s carries a wide variety of beer and cider on tap, and offers a full menu that includes burgers, salads, appetizers, and desserts!
Friday, May 3
Geeky Villain – #20, 607 SE Everett Mall Way, Everett, WA 98208 – 6:30 p.m.
Draft format tournament on Friday, May 3 (League Week 5)
Hi, Star Wars: Destiny fans!
Starting this April, we will be launching Star Wars: Destiny Store Seasons!
On every Friday in April to June, we will have events that will range from draft to Standard constructed and even Infinite. Depending on the number of wins you get in an event, you will garner points and will have a running tally and season ranking at Geeky Villain. At the end of the season, all points will be tallied and the season winners (and perhaps even a few runner-ups) will get amazing prizes!
There is more to come, but we’re wanting to start out with a bang—the first Season Championship Prize will be a brand new Star Wars Ultimate Vinyl Collection 12P and a Bluetooth turntable!
I hope many of you are as excited as we are!
Please inquire with questions that you may have.
Thank you very much, and as always, please Stay Geeky!
Saturday, May 4
Tacoma Games – 3013 6th Ave, Tacoma, WA 98406 – 12 p.m. and 4 p.m.
20% off all Star Wars products
Free X-Wing and Destiny Demos & more!
We will also be a check-in point for the costume contests sponsored by Restyle Clothing and Stargazer Comics!
Star Wars Destiny Standard Tournament: 12pm
$10 Entry. Kit Contents and Store Credit Prizes
Star Ward Destiny Booster Draft: 4pm
$15 Entry. Kit Contents
Star Wars X-Wing Furball Free Play 3pm
MeltingTop Games – 1120 164th St SW suite h, Lynnwood, WA 98087 – 7 p.m.
Standard format tournament on Saturday, May 4.
Join us for our weekly Star Wars: Destiny tournaments.
At each tournament, players will earn points based on their standing. Points may be redeemed on the day of the tournament, or can be banked for future use. Players may redeem their points in order of how they placed (in the tournament in which they choose to redeem their points).
Points will be awarded as such:
1st place – 10 pts
2nd place – 8 pts
3rd place – 6 pts
Remaining top half players – 4 pts
Bottom half players – 2 pts
Booster pack prizes are worth 2 pts, so all players will win at least one booster worth of points. Other prizes include mini comics, mini figures, notebooks, and more. The prize wall will be continually updated.
Sunday, May 5
Blue Highway Games – 2203 Queen Anne Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109 – 1 p.m.
Draft format tournament on Sunday, May 5.
Come play Star Wars: Destiny, X-Wing, or bring other Star Wars games to our Star Wars Sundays!
X-Wing will always be casual play and Destiny will be in different formats from month to month.
The event will have a $15 entry fee. Each player will need their own draft set, which will provide a core set of cards (bring your own or borrow one from us). All players will receive six boosters and will build a deck by choosing cards one at a time. Players get to take their cards home at the end of the day. The top finishers will get first pick of the legendary cards.
- Each player opens three boosters at a time.
- Players pick cards to keep one at a time, passing the rest of the cards to their neighbor.
- Decks are built using the 20 cards from the player’s draft set + the 30 cards they drafted.
- Team character points in a deck must equal 30 points or less.
- Blue, Red, and Yellow cards can only be used if you have a matching character. Gray cards can always be used.
- Hero, villain, and neutral cards can all be used together regardless of character affiliation in the deck.